OK, this is mad....it is crazy to even think it....it cant be done....well there might be a chance... I could at least try!
I read a post recently on a new blog that I came across (well new to me that is!) the very talented Nicole at Making it Lovely did a list of "30 before thirty", she had a list of things she wanted to complete in the 6 months before she turned 30.... see how she went here.
So this is where my madness started, a little bit like an itch that I couldn't scratch....yep once the idea was in my head, there was no way of getting out of it!!!!! Oh god.... I am a long way from 30 but very close to 50... so I have 10 months to complete my 50 before fifty.
So here goes.... I may not complete all of these things but it wont be from a lack of will, more from a lack of money, especially on some are big ticket numbers but at least I am going to give it a damn good try....
Here is the list...in no particular order
3. Finish painting exterior windows (there are 6 to go, and all multi-paned)
8. Finish floor in family room
9. Build a vegi garden
11. Learn how to use my DSLR camera better (well it is actually my son's but he lets me use it)
12. New light fitting for over the dining table
14. Build an ensuite (OK this is one of the big ticket items that I want but cant afford)
15. Learn a graphics program ( I was a graphic designer before computers.... I know I am that old)
19. Register new business name
21. Research into running a Bed and Breakfast
23. New fence for backyard
27. Create artwork wall in family room
32. Do more interior design work
34. Cook more food in advance and freeze
35. Reduce spend on credit card been better lately.... this is up and down
36. Take up tennis again
42. Crochet blanket for Youngest one started
43. Learn a new craft
45. Be more organised with my blogging (the office will help)
46. Learn more about HTML
47. Try making a skirt again ( I haven't sewed clothes since the kids were young)
48. Take up pilates again (if I can find a cheap enough class they are sooooo expensive)
49. Contact other Aussie bloggers in decor/craft/design/DIY
50. Plan something special for turning 50! I have some things in mind for this
Let's see how I go.... please send me your encouragement!